Sunday, September 12, 2010

Whosit in the Making - Part 4 - She's Here!

The little puppy is finally done!  I love making the faces best, because that's when the little critters seem to come to life!  I like to use a lot of heavy satin stitching for the eyes to really build them up.  I usually prefer to embroider yarn eyes, rather than using plastic safety eyes or beads, but I've seen some really engaging faces made on crochet animals with both of these.   I also use a little bit of "needle sculpting" -- moving the yarn back and forth through the crochet and stuffing and pulling it tight to shape the face.  I like to "ident" between the eyes, underneath the bridge of the nose to help create eye sockets.  Another tip -- I stuff the nose with black yarn instead of stuffing, so no white shows through.  :)


Picasa and her new cousin finally get to meet, nose to nose!

No comments: