Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hand Puppet Mania


Puppet mania has arrived at my doorstep. I got on a roll, using funky yarn colors to make a big batch of hand puppets based on my own design, and I couldn't stop! That's how a poodle, a duck, a gray/black striped cat, two wildly striped giraffes (I know, I know - they're supposed to be spotted - welcome to MY fantasy world!), a speckled pig, a trendly aqua/brown dog, and a cute little baby blue bear were all born! Oh, and I almost forgot about Chester the Chicken!




It's amazing how many critters can evolve from one basic body pattern. I've built a finger tube into the stuffed head to make it easy to manipulate. The size of the puppet body seems to work well for both adults and children - little kids just use more fingers or even two hands to work the puppet! More puppet critters are banging around in my head, itching to be born - can't wait until the Easter bunny and the iguana are appear next! Feel free to check out these guys in our shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=13850&section_id=5003907


Happy Puppeting!


Sue...









No comments: